Many in stock
Advanced Wound Dressing
Infection preventive wound contact layer. Sorbact® dressings employ a natural mechanism to bind microorganisms to their surface. The microorganisms are removed when the dressing is changed, and the bioburden is thereby decreased.
A WOUND CONTACT LAYER THAT REDUCES BIOBURDEN Sorbact® Compress is a sterile, bacteria and fungi binding wound dressing. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound contact layer, which allows passage of wound exudate into a secondary dressing. The dressing is folded into 8 layers. The dressing can be used in compression therapy.
INTENDED USE Sorbact® Compress is a sterile, bacteria and fungi binding wound dressing. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound contact layer, which allows passage of wound exudate into a secondary dressing. The dressing is folded into 8 layers. The dressing can be used in compression therapy.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound. The dressing can be unfolded into suitable size and may overlap the wound margins if needed.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- If cutting the dressing, use an aseptic technique. Discard any open and unused dressing.
- Apply the dressing. Ensure that the dressing comes into direct contact with the complete wound surface. In cavity wounds and fistulas unfold and fluff up one or more dressings and line/fill the cavity or fistula. Avoid dense packing.
- Apply an appropriate secondary dressing.
- The dressing change frequency depends on exudate levels and the overall condition of the wound and surrounding skin.
Should the clinical condition allow, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days.
SOURCE - SUPPLY - PROTECT
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.