Many in stock
Advanced Wound Dressing
Infection preventive foam dressing. Sorbact® dressings employ a natural mechanism to bind microorganisms to their surface. The microorganisms are removed when the dressing is changed, and the bioburden is thereby decreased.
REDUCES BIOBURDEN IN MODERATELY EXUDING WOUNDS Sorbact® Foam Dressing is a sterile, bacteria and fungi binding foam dressing. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound contact layer combined with a polyurethane foam with a semi-permeable backing. Sorbact® Foam Dressing absorbs and retains exudate, thereby reducing the risk of maceration and enabling a moist wound environment. The semi-permeable film backing allows excess fluid to evaporate.
INTENDED USE Sorbact® Foam Dressing is intended for use in management of clean, colonized, contaminated or infected wounds with low to moderate exudate levels, such as surgical wounds, traumatic wounds, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers and foot and leg ulcers.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound. The wound pad should overlap the wound margins by at least 2 cm.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- If cutting the dressing, use an aseptic technique. Discard any open and unused dressing.
- Apply the dressing. Ensure that the green side of the dressing comes into direct contact with the complete wound surface.
- Apply an appropriate dressing fixation.
- The dressing change frequency depends on exudate levels and overall condition of the wound and surrounding skin.
Should the clinical condition allow, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days.
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.