Many in stock
Advanced Wound Dressing
Infection preventive moist wound contact layer. Sorbact® dressings employ a natural mechanism to bind microorganisms to their surface. The microorganisms are removed when the dressing is changed, and the bioburden is thereby decreased.
REDUCES BIOBURDEN IN DRY TO LOW EXUDING WOUNDS Sorbact® Gel Dressing is a sterile, bacteria and fungi binding dressing covered with gel. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound contact layer with a water-based gel containing carbomer and propylene glycol. Sorbact® Gel Dressing donates moisture, enables a moist wound environment, and facilitates autolytic debridement.
INTENDED USE Sorbact® Gel Dressing is intended for use in management of clean, colonized, contaminated or infected wounds with dry to low exudate levels, such as traumatic wounds, burns, cavity wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers and foot and leg ulcers.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- If cutting the dressing, use an aseptic technique. Discard any open and unused dressing.
- Apply the dressing. Ensure that the dressing comes into direct contact with the complete wound surface. The dressing should not overlap the surrounding skin.
- In cavity wounds and fistulas, always leave a part of the dressing sticking out so that it can be easily removed.
- Apply an appropriate secondary dressing.
- The dressing change frequency depends on exudate levels and overall condition of the wound and surrounding skin. Should the clinical condition allow, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days.
SOUCRE - SUPPLY - PROTECT
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.