Many in stock
Advanced Wound Dressing
Microbe binding wound filler for NPWT. Sorbact® microbe binding dressings prevent and treat wound infections by lowering the bioburden. Microbes bind to the dressing surface and are removed when the dressing is changed.
BIOBURDEN REDUCING WOUND FILLER THAT PROVIDES NEGATIVE PRESSURE WITHOUT IN-GROWTH. Sorbact® NPWT Wound Filler is a bacteria- and fungi-binding wound dressing. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound filler, which allows the passage of wound exudate. Sorbact® NPWT Wound Filler conforms to the wound bed providing negative pressure distribution without the in-growth of granulation tissue and provides optimal conditions for wound healing.
INTENDED USE Sorbact® NPWT Wound Filler is intended for use in conjunction with negative pressure wound therapy systems in the management of clean, contaminated, colonised or infected wounds.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound. Ensure that the surrounding skin is clean and dry.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- If the dressing needs to be cut, use an aseptic technique. Any opened, unused dressing should be discarded.
- Moisten the dressing with sterile saline.
- Fluff up one or more dressings and fill the cavity and ensure that the dressing is in direct contact with the entire wound surface. If more than one piece of dressing is used, check that all pieces are in direct contact with each other to ensure an even distribution of negative pressure. Count the pieces of dressing used and record the total in the patient’s records.
- Ensure that the wound filler has no direct contact with intact skin.
- Proceed as directed for the NPWT system used.
- The pressure level should be set according to the physician's instruction and be based on indication and wound condition. Sorbact® NPWT Wound Filler should be changed within 48–72 hours.
SOURCE - SUPPLY - PROTECT
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.