Many in stock
Advanced Wound Dressing
Infection preventive adhesive dressing. Sorbact® dressings employ a natural mechanism to bind microorganisms to their surface. The microorganisms are removed when the dressing is changed, and the bioburden is thereby decreased.
SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCES THE RISK OF SURGICAL SITE INFECTION1 Sorbact® Surgical Dressing is a sterile, bacteria and fungi binding wound dressing. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound contact layer combined with an absorbent wound pad and a transparent acrylic adhesive film. Sorbact® Surgical Dressing absorbs and retains exudate and enables a moist wound environment. The waterproof backing film provides protection against external contamination and allows excess fluid to evaporate.
INTENDED USE Sorbact® Surgical Dressing is intended for use in management of clean, colonized, contaminated, or infected dry to low exuding wounds, such as surgical wounds and traumatic wounds, e.g. lacerations, cuts, and abrasions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice. Ensure that the surrounding skin is clean and dry.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- Remove the protective film from the wound contact side of the dressing.
- Apply the dressing. Ensure that the green wound contact layer comes into direct contact with the complete wound surface.
- Press the borders to the surrounding skin.
- Remove the stabilizing film on top. Should the clinical condition allow, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days
SOURCE - SUPPLY - PROTECT
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.