Out of stock
Positive Expiratory Pressure (PEP) therapy is used to mobilise secretions. PEP devices have been found to give independence to patients with chronic respiratory diseases as the therapy can be done when convenient for the patient and without the need for an assistant.
Acapella® combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilise pulmonary secretions and can be used in virtually any position allowing patients to move freely and sit, stand or recline.
It improves clearance of secretions, is easier to tolerate than Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), takes less than half the time of conventional CPT sessions* and facilitates opening of airways in patients with lung diseases with secretory problems such as COPD, asthma and Cystic Fibrosis. You can adjust the acapella® frequency and flow resistance simply by turning an adjustment dial.
Acapella® Choice disassembles into four, easy-to-clean parts that withstand autoclaving, boiling, and dishwashing. Your patients get all the benefits of vibratory PEP therapy, in the home or hospital, with a convenient, easy-to-clean device (single patient use)
- Design: Works independent of orientation
- Design: Patient may inhale through device
- 22mm fitting: May use with mouthpiece
- Material: Autoclave-able and boil-able
- Adjust frequency with numbered dial
This product benefits the patient by:
- Allowing inhalation and exhalation without removing from mouth
- Allowing use with mask or mouthpiece attachment
- Allowing use with inline nebulizer when fitted with tee adapter.
- Accommodating virtually any patient’s lung capacity.
- Allowing use in any position - patient is free to sit, stand or recline
- Easy to clean
- Delivers an effective PEP range of 10-20 cmH2O to effectively open airways, recruit alveoli and get air behind blocked passage ways
- 5-30 Hz vibrations thins, shears and disengages mucus from tissue walls to better mobilize and expel secretions
- Reusable over active lifespan
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.