Indwelling catheters are associated with numerous complications including catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI), encrustations, pain, trauma, bypassing and blockage. If the useful life of the catheter is threatened by biofilm, calcification or debris formation, interventions with the correct Uro-Tainer rinse fluids, may reduce the risk of premature blockage and maintain the expected lifespan of the catheter. The Uro-Tainer concept was developed over 25 years ago to replace standard bladder irrigation using syringes. This system reduces the associated risks of contamination and excessive pressure and/or vaccum on the bladder wall. Uro-Tainer range consists of different fluids that have their own distinct indications for use. It is important to determine what the problem is prior to deciding which Uro-Tainer product should be used.
- Indication: This isotonic fluid is used primarily for cleaning the bladder and catheters mechanically, e.g. in the case of debris formation in the bladder.
- Recommend rinse frequency: 1 to 2 times per day depending on the nature of the problem, unless prescribed differently by the doctor.
- Composition: sodium chloride 0.9%. pH=7
- For routine rinsing of catheters (removal of small blood clots, tissue and debris)
- For the maintenance of indwelling urethral and suprapubic catheters
- PVC-Free bag
- Sterile and ready for immediate use
- Gentle delivery to patients
- Universal catheter tip with a protective cap
- Completely closed system
- The exterior of the Uro-Tainer is sterile when the outer packaging is opened
- A slide clamp prevents the release of fluid until Uro-Tainer is connected to the catheter and is ready for installation
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.