The Kangaroo™ Joey Enteral Feeding Pump is a simple-to-use, precision enteral feeding pump. It is easily programmed to deliver continuous or intermittent feeding and can provide automatic flushing capability when used with Kangaroo™ Joey Enteral Feeding Pump feed and flush sets.
The Kangaroo™ Joey Enteral Feeding Pump features a compact, portable design, easily transported with the Kangaroo™ Joey Backpack, to provide patients with freedom and mobility while feeding.
Why is the Kangaroo Joey so popular?
Because the Kangaroo Joey feeding pump is a flushing and hydrating ambulatory device that can be programmed to deliver the optimal amount of nutrition and pre-programmed hydration, helping to ensure patients stay well-nourished and perfectly hydrated, while enabling freedom and mobility.
Water is vital for tube fed patients. It is an essential nutrient for life. Tube fed patients rely on water flushes to maintain hydration and tube patency. The clinical consequences of dehydration can be significant, leading to increased healthcare costs and prolonged hospitalisation. Dehydration can be a serious risk for long-term tube-fed patients. The free water content of enteral feeds ranges from 70-85% of total volume. Therefore enteral feed alone may not provide enough fluid or free water. Furthermore, factors such as age, fever or open draining wounds can increase the volume of water a patient needs to maintain a positive fluid balance.
In 2008, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality estimated the annual costs of hospital charges related to dehydration to be approximately US $1.6 billion. In Australia the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) reports that dehydration/volume depletion is one of the 20 most common hospital acquired diagnosis.
Clogged feeding tubes are a common challenge occurring in as many as 35% of tube fed patients. Consequences include delayed delivery of nutrition and hydration, as well as increased resources to unclog or replace the tube.
- Intuitive user interface
- Large, backlit LCD display
- Step-by-step prompts to guide programming and operation
- “Stoplight” LED array visually indicates pump status in a bright or darkened room
- Quiet operation
- Compact, portable aesthetic design
- Tabletop usage or IV pole mounting
- Simple loading of pump sets
- Transparent top door to protect pump set
- “Soft Touch” rubberized casing for easy grip and drop protection
- “Quick Release” pole clamp for easy detachment of pump
- MISTIC (Magnetic Intelligent Set Type Identification Connector) Identification System to ensure match between the pump’s user interface and pump set type
- Automatic Anti-Free-Flow (AFF) System
- Audible alarm to indicate errors or pump set loading conditions
- Orientation-independent delivery design eliminates need for drip chamber on pump set
- Sensor technology detects both upstream and downstream flow conditions
- Continuous feed, intermittent feed, and flush capability
- Auto-prime feature reduces the need for time-consuming manual priming
- Hold feature with restart
- “Keep Tube Open” (KTO) feature
- Stores previous 72 hours of feeding and flushing history
- 15 languages
- A/C Power Adaptor and Pole Clamp included
- Uses replaceable, rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack for 18 hours of backup power
- Easily removable A/C Power Adaptor
Kangaroo Joey Enteral Feeding Pump Characteristics:
|1-400 in 1mL increments
|10-500 in 1mL increments
|1-24 in 1hr intervals
|9" (From pump to feeding container)
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.