Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam dressings are multi-layered wound dressings, comprising of a silicone wound and skin contact layer, white polyurethane foam (and superabsorbent polymer layer*) exudate management layer, backed with a skin-toned, polyurethane film support layer.
Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam readily absorbs exudate, producing an optimal moist wound healing environment with the added benefit of atraumatic removal. Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam has in-built Moisture Vapour Transmission properties, combined with fluid absorption capacities, that make it suitable for the management of wounds with light to moderate levels of exudate.
In the presence of moisture, the non-adherent property of the silicone layer of Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam prevents adherence to the wound, newly formed tissue and surrounding fragile, or sensitive skin. This ensures dressing changes can take place with minimal tissue disturbance.
The outer backing of Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam Bordered dressing is water waterproof.
Each dressing is individually packed, ready for use, and sterilised by ethylene oxide. Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam dressings are sterile unless the package is opened or damaged, are single use only and should not be re-sterilised.
- Prescribed compression treatment for Venous Leg Ulcer Management can be continued while using Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam.
- If infection is present, a primary wound cleansing dressing e.g. Osmonate® Calcium Alginate dressing or rope, or an antimicrobial layer, such as Zorflex® Wound Contact Layer should be used in combination with Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam. The clinician in-charge is responsible for determining if necessary.
- No known side effects have been observed or reported in the use of Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam dressings.
- Observe for wound infection. Consult the clinician-incharge if any of the following occurs: fever, increased pain, redness, swelling, abnormal smell or exudate.
Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam dressings are indicated for use as primary dressings in the management of all types of superficial wounds with light to moderate exudate production, such as:
- Skin tears
- Partial thickness burns
- Pressure injuries
- Arterial ulcers
- Venous leg ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
Surgical wounds or as a secondary dressing with other wound contact products, where exposure to conventional adhesive fixation is undesirable.
- Should not be used if allergies to any of its components is known.
- Not suitable for full thickness burns and wounds before bleeding has ceased.
- Do not simultaneously use Osmocel Si Silicone Hydroporous Foam with an oxidant, e.g hydrogen peroxide or chlorate solution. This may affect the structure and performance of the dressing
The clinician-in-charge is responsible for determining the need for dressing changes, dependent on the stage and phase of wound healing and exudate level. The dressing should be changed when exudate absorption is considered to be extending beyond the wound surface area. 7 days is the maximum period between dressing changes.
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.