Granudacyn is an irrigation solution for cleansing and moisturising acute, chronic and contaminated wounds, as well as for first and second degree burns. Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) ensures safe preservation and makes Granudacyn a reliable wound irrigation solution. Granudacyn comes in a solution, spray or gel form.
Areas of use
Granudacyn can be used for the cleaning, moistening and rinsing of the following wound types:
- All chronic wounds of any depth, such as diabetic foot ulcer, pressure ulcer, venous leg ulcer, etc.
- All acute wounds, cuts, bite wounds, lacerations, abrasions
- Surgery wounds (intraoperative and postoperative)
- Wounds on cartilage, tendons, ligaments and/or bones
- Burns up to degree two
- Radiation ulcer
- Fistulas and abscesses
- Cavities such as ear, nose, throat
- Critically colonised wounds
- Soft tissue injuries
Granudacyn is suitable for multi-patient use of up to 90 days (gel) and 60 days (solution) after opening. To ensure safe use after opening, Granudacyn contains a preservative that naturally occurs in the body: hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorous acid also prevents the proliferation of Gram+ and Gram- bacteria including MRSA, ORSA, VRSA, VRE, viruses, fungi and spores.
- Free of germs and is pH neutral - which allows it to be preserved and enables it to neutralise and destroy pathogens.
- Cleans the wound mechanically - removing and destroying pathogens, promoting autolytic debridement.
- Not cytotoxic or an irritant; free from heavy metals - making it safe to use on any part of the body and also ensuring healthy cells are not destroyed.
- Hypotonic to promote osmolysis and cell rupture
- Reduces wound malodour
How It Works
1. The hypochlorous acid in Granudacyn attacks the cell wall of the microorganism and increases its permeability, allowing the molecule to enter the pathogens cell.
2. As Granudacyn is a hypotonic solution it causes water to flow into the cells to equalise the osmotic gradient. The result is osmolysis. The increasing internal pressure causes the pathogens cells to burst.
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.