Mepilex XT is designed for a wide range of exuding acute and chronic wounds in all healing stages, such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure injuries and traumatic wounds. Mepilex XT is a soft and conformable foam dressing with integrated channels, designed to transfer exudate rapidly into the absorbent foam pad. Safetac technology seals the wound edges, preventing exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimising the risk of maceration.
Areas of Use
- Exuding acute and chronic wounds in all healing stages
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Pressure injuries
- Traumatic wounds
Benefits of Mepilex XT
- Absorbs both low and high viscosity fluid
- Can be used on all exuding wound healing stages
- Minimises pain and skin damage at dressing changes
- Can be used under compression bandages
- Requires fewer dressing changes compared to other foam dressings
- Can be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
Safetac is the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. Designed to mold softly to skin without sticking to the moist wound – so you can remove it easily without damaging the skin. That means less pain for your patients. Safetac also protects new tissue and intact skin – so wounds remain undisturbed, to support faster natural healing. Plus it seals the wound margins to protect skin from damaging leaks and maceration. The combination of less pain and less skin damage to support faster healing can also reduce the cost of treatment.
- Do not use on patients with known sensitivity to the dressing or its components.
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a health care professional for adequate infection treatment.
- Do not use Mepilex XT together with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide.
- Mepilex XT can be used under compression and does not need to be cut to the size of the wound
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.