Mepitel One is a silicone wound contact layer designed for the management of a wide range of exuding wounds. Mepitel One has an open, perforated structure that allows exudate to pass into an outer absorbent dressing. The Safetac layer prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound and protects it during the healing phase.
Areas of Use
- Skin tears
- Skin abrasions
- Surgical incisions
- Traumatic wounds
- Partial and full thickness grafts
- Radiated Skin
- Leg and foot ulcers
- It can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds, blisters and on areas with fragile skin
Benefits of Mepitel One
- Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- The Safetac technology layer is on wound contact side only (one-sided) for easy handling and application
- May remain in place for up to 14 days which allows cost-effective and undisturbed wound healing
- Enables less frequent dressing changes
- Minimises the risk of maceration
- Leaves no residue and does not dry out
- Transparent for easy wound inspection during application and wear
- Conforms well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear
- Stays in place
- It can be applied together with Mesorb, Mextra Superabsorbent, Tubifast and under compression bandages.
- Mepitel One can also be used in conjunction with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT)
Safetac is the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. Designed to mould softly to skin without sticking to the moist wound – so you can remove it easily without damaging the skin. That means less pain for your patients. Safetac also protects new tissue and intact skin – so wounds remain undisturbed, to support faster natural healing. Plus it seals the wound margins to protect skin from damaging leaks and maceration. The combination of less pain and less skin damage to support faster healing can also reduce the cost of treatment.
- If you see signs of infection, e.g. fever, the wound or surrounding skin becoming red, warm or swollen, consult a healthcare professional for appropriate treatment.
- Always consult a healthcare professional before using Mepitel One on Epidermolysis Bullosa patients.
- Do not use Mepitel One on patients with known sensitivity to silicone or polyurethane.
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.