Wound contact layer prevents the wound sticking to a secondary dressing as well as helps reduce pain and discomfort during dressing changes.
Sofmesh Si Silicone produces an ideal healing environment where the need for atraumatic removal is desired or necessary. Sofmesh Si Silicone retains moisture at the wound bed, while the perforations allow excess exudate to pass into a secondary dressing, making it suitable for the management of wounds from light to heavy levels of exudate. It can also be used to protect wounds where Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) is planned to be used.
In the presence of moisture, the non-adherent property of the silicone layer of Sofmesh Si Silicone prevents adherence to the wound, newly formed tissue and surrounding fragile or sensitive skin. This means dressing changes can take place with minimal tissue disturbance and/or pain.
Sofmesh Si Silicone is a primary contact layer and should be used in conjunction with a secondary dressing that is appropriate to the exudate level and stage of healing.
Each dressing is individually packed, ready for use, and sterilised by ethylene oxide. Sofmesh Si Silicone is sterile unless the individual package is opened or damaged, for single use only and should not be re-sterilised.
Sofmesh is suitable for Fragile skin and all exudate levels. It is recommended for up to 7 days however the clinician-in-charge is responsible for determining the need for dressing changes, dependent on the stage and phase of wound healing and exudate level. 14 days is the maximum period between dressing changes, dependent on the condition of the wound and surrounding skin.
Sofmesh Si Silicone dressings can be used in the treatment of superficial or deep wounds including:
- Skin tears
- Partial thickness burns
- Pressure injuries
- Venous leg ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Surgical incisions
- Radiated skin
- Partial and full skin grafts
or as a protective interface between the wound and adjunct treatments including Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT). Sofmesh Si Silicone can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and on areas with fragile skin.
Should not be used if allergies to any of its components is known.
- No known side effects have been observed or reported in the use of Sofmesh Si Silicone dressings.
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult the clinician-in-charge for adequate treatment. Use of product should cease if serious infection is present.
- Pressure on dressing should be avoided if used on partial thickness burns with an increased risk of fast granulation, or after facial resurfacing procedures. It is recommended to raise, alter the position and re-apply the dressing at least every two days when using Sofmesh Si Silicone dressings in this manner.
- When used on bleeding wounds or wounds with high viscosity exudates, wound contact layer should be covered with a moist absorbent dressing pad.
- Counting and documenting the number of Sofmesh Si Silicone dressings used at the NPWT interface is strongly recommended.
- It is recommended to leave Sofmesh Si Silicone for a minimum of 5 days when applied for Protection of blisters and Fixation of skin grafts
There is a 30 day return on any faulty products. To be eligible you must return items at your cost. We guarantee that any product found to be faulty supplied by us, will be accepted for return and we will refund all costs associated with the returned item. Statutory Warranties and conditions of Sale apply in Australia under consumer law for all products supplied by Australian Companies.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should any faulty item be a TGA Registered Medical Product or Device, we are required to submit a report to the Registered Manufacturer in accordance with the TGA Legislation. This is a way of ensuring that any device is safely tracked and monitored for safety. We may ask you a few questions and we are required to verify any fault. All standard State & Federal Warranty Conditions apply.
SOLMED only supplies to Australian Addresses.
Solmed dispatches all goods via Australia Post or TNT whichever is deemed suitable. We post to all addresses in Australia including Post Office Boxes. Tracking will be notified on Parcels where applicable. Solmed will advise if any product is not available and offer either a substitute, refund or back order.